So not only do we work like 12 hour days here, we also have chores, called OD-standing for Officer of the Day. I saw 'we' in a relative sense, because now that I'm on Service I do OD in a different sense (read: I'm constantly doing it). How it's structured is each weekday, a group has a different task to do. These are a) 6AM Ice Pull (see entry two prior) and morning flags, b) River Camp dinner service (pick up trash/mop/babysit), c)Ironwheel Mesa dining hall service (serve, but you have to go all the way over the to Mesa, which is punishment itself), d) clean staff latrines, e) clean staff lounge/10 PM ice pull.
Traditionally, all these jobs are done poorly and half-assedly, if at all. Unless you're on Eddies crew, then he rides you to the bone. Well tomorrow is our National 'Visitation' (read: Inspection) from the National Boy Scouts of America something or other, so we realized all this stuff needs to be done for serious. As a result, we had OD on 'roids tonight. This included: pressure washing the dining hall, cleaning the staff lounge to such a degree that we had to lock it afterward so it will never again get dirty, and hyper-cleaning the latrines. The latter was my job. If I didn't have more common sense, I would now eat off the latrines. We cleaned all the drains (pretty much never been done), I fixed three sinks which previously worked really poorly, and there was a lot of awesome Pinesol-ing. Now it's time to go do laundry at 10:45 PM. Thanks camp!! And gig'em.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment